Thank you for your application, we will contact you as soon as possible.
A Business architect develops a blueprint of the enterprise that provides a common understanding of the organization and the business processes executed by this organization which is used to align strategic objectives and tactical demands.
In this sense, a business architect defines the structure of the enterprise in terms of its governance structure, business processes, and business information. As such, a business architect primarily focuses on the motivational, operational, and analysis aspects of these.
In order to develop an integrated view of an enterprise, many different views of an organization are typically developed. These encompass: business strategy, business capabilities, value streams, business knowledge, and organizations.
Business capabilities can be structured according to business areas like core business, IT-support and enterprise management. This gives a powerful overview of the structure of an enterprise. From there on, a business architect can start to discover which activities an organization seeks to improve. Once these are identified, business processes can be analyzed in more detail. The use of BPMN and domain models are indispensable in this. This will allow to propose optimizations or re-engineer business processes by eliminating waste (lean six sigma). Optimizations must be aligned with the vision and goals of the organization. Customer journey's and centricity are key in these evaluations.
A business architect should also have limited knowledge of technology, to be able to assure that business solutions can be supported by technological solutions.
What do Business Architects do at Tobania?
- Leading business workshops to discover the activities and goals of the organization.
- Drafting the relations between business processes and activities of the organization, using ArchiMate, PowerPoint, …
- Drafting underlying business processes in BPMN.
- Determining the domains where optimizations are relevant.
- Reengineering processes by removing waste.
- Mapping the key concepts of the domain and the relationships between them in a domain model.
- Presenting the models to the business stakeholders and management to seek validation and consensus.
- Defining the constraints as well as the success outcome of the project.
- Defining the context and interfaces in accordance with IT-applications.
- Analyzing the organizations in cooperation with different stakeholders from all levels.
- Using a wide variety of requirement gathering techniques.
- Visualizing complex problems and structures, that can easily be understood by all stakeholders.
- Understanding the business needs by analyzing different scenarios.
- Understanding customer needs by drafting out customer journey's and creating personas.
What profile are we looking for?
- Conceptual ability: you have the ability to percept things broadly at a high level.
- Communicative ability: the chosen solution must be presented in a clear and structured way, considering the different levels of stakeholders. In addition to active listening, you also ask the right questions and you can involve people into your story and arouse their enthusiasm.
- Analytical ability: You are able to translate high-level business needs into working solutions (which may affect business processes, the organization and / or a number of new or existing IT systems spread across multiple teams);
What do you get in return?
Tobania offers you:
an indefinite contract.
a competitive salary with plenty of fringe benefits, such as a company car, 12 extra vacation days, lunch cheques, and group and hospitalisation insurance.
a team of supportive colleagues who’ll make you feel right at home.
a chance to develop your talents via our Tobania.Academy and on-the-job coaching.
a challenging job on location.
So … Tobania, who’s that again?
Tobania is a dynamic and fast-growing Belgian company. We present ourselves as a Business & Technology Consulting partner for private businesses and governments who want advice, expertise, services and solutions to successfully execute their digital transformation process.
In 2019, we had a turnover of 97 million euros and we employed 1000 Tobians. By 2020, we aim to reach the 110 million euro target. Our strategy: keep on expanding and diversifying our services and solutions. But we need more Tobians to make that happen, so click on that apply button already.
Working at Tobania...
An all-inclusive experience!
Always hungry for knowledge.
“As a child I was surrounded by technology. With a father who designed modems, it was not surprising that I was always busy soldering, assembling robots and programming them. I started studying applied computer science and learned a lot, but it didn't stop there. As an Enterprise Architect you ensure that all software from the back office is well connected. And that the need for new software and applications within the company is addressed. For that you have to educate yourself every day. For example, now, I want to follow an MBA (Master of Business Administration) at Vlerick to further develop myself.”
“I started as a Solution Architect consultant at Tobania, but grew to become an Enterprise Architect. Within a company that grows as fast as Tobania, you constantly have new opportunities. It is a matter of seizing those opportunities with both hands. "
“Of course, I read a lot about business and new technology, but I am someone who is very eager to learn about lots of areas. For example, I am a very dedicated sportsman and, from that point of view, I am also very interested in nutrition. That’s not only about healthy food, but also about enjoying slow cooking and BBQ. Work and life, health and enjoyment. Everything balanced out!”
Sander Lesage, Enterprise Architect at Tobania
Never stop growing
“I am a good listener: as long as I can remember friends come to me for a much-needed chat. It quickly became clear what I wanted to do in life: helping people by listening to their story. Psychology was the obvious study choice. Initially, I planned to be a therapist with my own practice, but in the end, I opted for Personnel Management and Industrial Psychology.”
“The way I look at (working) life has been influenced by the Chiro. I’ve been an active member of this community since primary school. I use these experiences in my job every day. That’s something I wish everyone could do: combining your passion with your job. With our current retirement age, it’s even more important to be able to do what you love!”
“I like to see how people grow, but I also want to keep working on myself. That is why I chose Tobania: I already saw in the job description that I would get so many chances, even being a junior. I grab these opportunities with both hands."
“Being a junior corporate talent acquisition specialist appealed to me, of course, but a good atmosphere is just as important. I love the ‘work hard, play hard’ mentality. For our motivation, we get so many great moments and events in return.”
Jenna Bloem, Recruitment & Employer Branding Expert at Tobania
Live up to your ambitions
“I initially started as a consultant at Tobania, but always with an ambitious plan in mind. I wanted to play my part in the story of a company. That promise has been fulfilled after two years: I grew from a consultant Program Manager to Operations Manager. This way, I contribute to the company’s game plan.”
“Being Operations manager at Tobania.Business, I am responsible for the link between our customers and our business consultants, together with my team of Business Managers. That also includes a lot of operational follow-up: I keep a close eye on the effeciency and budget of our unit.”
“We write the story of Tobania together: for me that’s only possible with motivated colleagues, who want to work together on the bigger picture. It's just like cooking: all ingredients together determine the success of your dish. Only with the right combination, you can achieve the best results: in the workplace and in the kitchen! Suprised that I’ll soon be the proud owner of a chef’s degree?”
David Decreemer, Operations Manager at Tobania
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your application. We will contact you as soon as possible.