Thank you for your application, we will contact you as soon as possible.
What does a junior System Engineer do at Tobania?
- You manage the infrastructure of the servers, hardware, storage and backup. In addition, you are responsible for the server hardware and for the implementation and management of the backup infrastructure at Tobania or at our customers. You provide physical and virtual servers to the Linux and Windows system groups.
- You are responsible for the hardware and infrastructure projects. You perform analysis, preparation, installation and aftercare and ensure that the availability of applications and services is guaranteed. You ensure that the documentation, instructions, procedures & knowledge are kept up-to-date.
- You provide support for incidents to users / customers: you are the point of contact at the IT service centre. You are eager to learn about new technologies and apply your (newly acquired) knowledge immediately when possible.
Besides your obvious drive and motivation, you’ll increase your chances by ticking as many of these boxes as possible:
- Studies: a degree in computer science or equivalent experience. Other certificates are a plus.
- Expertise: you have a thorough knowledge of Windows Server environments and a good knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP. You also know a lot about Linux systems and shell scripting (Ubuntu, Debian, Red Hat, CentOS). You have broad knowledge of backup systems such as Commvault, Veeam, etc. and hypervisors such as Vmware, Nutanix and / or KVM.
- Experience: experience with cloud infrastructures such as Microsoft Azure, Azure AD or AWS is a plus.
- Languages: you speak and write English fluently.
Tobania offers you:
- An indefinite contract.
- A competitive salary, with plenty of fringe benefits, such as a company car, smartphone, 12 extra vacation days, lunch cheques, a group and hospitalisation insurance.
- A team of supportive colleagues who’ll make you feel right at home.
- The opportunity to turn these new colleagues into friends during our legendary Friday drinks and other exciting events.
- A chance to exploit your talents in our Tobania.Academy and on-the-job coaching.
- A workstation at one of our customers’ offices in your neighbourhood.
So … Tobania, who’s that again?
Tobania is a dynamic and fast-growing Belgian company. We present ourselves as a Business & Technology Consulting partner for private businesses and governments who want advice, expertise, services and solutions to successfully execute their digital transformation process.
Working at Tobania...
An all-inclusive experience!
Always hungry for knowledge.
“As a child I was surrounded by technology. With a father who designed modems, it was not surprising that I was always busy soldering, assembling robots and programming them. I started studying applied computer science and learned a lot, but it didn't stop there. As an Enterprise Architect you ensure that all software from the back office is well connected. And that the need for new software and applications within the company is addressed. For that you have to educate yourself every day. For example, now, I want to follow an MBA (Master of Business Administration) at Vlerick to further develop myself.”
“I started as a Solution Architect consultant at Tobania, but grew to become an Enterprise Architect. Within a company that grows as fast as Tobania, you constantly have new opportunities. It is a matter of seizing those opportunities with both hands. "
“Of course, I read a lot about business and new technology, but I am someone who is very eager to learn about lots of areas. For example, I am a very dedicated sportsman and, from that point of view, I am also very interested in nutrition. That’s not only about healthy food, but also about enjoying slow cooking and BBQ. Work and life, health and enjoyment. Everything balanced out!”
Sander Lesage, Enterprise Architect at Tobania
The best version of yourself.
“I heard about Tobania through the grapevine. At the time, I was looking for an open-minded company where I would feel at home. Even though I work as a testing consultant on location, I always get a warm welcome at the head office in Strombeek. We regularly meet up with the other consultants at the many events that are organised: an open bar with silent disco, team buildings,… It’s nice to exchange experiences with the other Tobians, although we work at compagnies all over Belgium.”
“Being a junior, you mainly want to gain experience and educate yourself further. I wanted to become a teacher for a long time so counselling is very important to me. As a junior at Tobania, we all have a coach who helps us to find our own way and who listens to how we feel. If you deviate a little bit too much from the right path, he will send you back in the right direction. I also appreciate the opportunity to follow training on a variety of interesting topics.”
“Your career path often makes detours. Maybe even a U-turn? The opportunity to develop yourself is something I wish everyone could get. For example, I studied business management & marketing, but during my first jobs I found out it was less interesting to me. Testing and analysis are really the fields where I excel. My current project at IMEC is the ideal combination of both."
Gaëlle Laurent, Test Specialist at Tobania
“It’s often dismissed as a detail, but a company’s business culture can mean all the difference between an ‘OK job’ and an ‘awesome job’. And that’s where Tobania excels. The constructive feedback, both from colleagues and superiors, the open communication and the receptive environment make you feel right at home. Even more, colleagues become friends and help you reach your professional goals – something I had never seen elsewhere in my career.”
Nando Lagaet, Test Specialist at Tobania
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your application. We will contact you as soon as possible.