Thank you for your application, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Tobania.Data is currently looking for a data engineer.
In this role, you will need to be able to adapt quickly to new technologies, applications and environments. You will operate with our current clients on a medium to long-term basis.
As a data engineer, you will help our clients with building a variety of (big) data applications in the cloud. This includes a broad range of competences, from understanding the requirements, setting up the proper cloud architecture all the way to developing and deploying the application.
More specifically, the responsibilities include:
- Design complex analytics solutions with large data sets on distributed systems including the design of data lakes and (data) ingestion pipelines.
- Identify design and implement process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-design infrastructure for greater scalability etc
- Develop microservices to serve data from the data lake or to expose machine learning models’ predictions to customer-facing products
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- At least 2 years of experience as a Data Engineer or in software engineering in a data context
- Programming experience with one or more languages: Python, Scala, Java, C/C++, …
- Knowledge of relational database technologies/concepts and SQL is required
- Understanding of Linux
- Practical experience with at least one cloud provider (GCP, AWS or Azure). Certifications from any of these is considered a plus.
- Knowledge of Git and CI/CD
- Able to work independently, prioritize multiple stakeholders and tasks, and manage work time effectively.
- Proficient in English, knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a plus.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration
- Experience with big data technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, etc
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines (Airflow, Data Factory, ...)
- Interest in Data warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Quality and Governance
- Interest in Data Science and Machine Learning Engineering
- Tobania.Data s is a Brussels-based service provider specialized in data science projects with business impact
- In January 2020, Tobania.Data joined Tobania – a leading Belgian business & technology consulting firm that guides their clients through digital business transformation
- Great variation in job content due to missions in different industries, different domains and different environments
- In-company training adapted to your personal needs
- Continuous learning in monthly team meetings and development time
- A great team of colleagues with shared values
Working at Tobania... An all-inclusive experience...
Always hungry for knowledge.
“As a child I was surrounded by technology. With a father who designed modems, it was not surprising that I was always busy soldering, assembling robots and programming them. I started studying applied computer science and learned a lot, but it didn't stop there. As an Enterprise Architect you ensure that all software from the back office is well connected. And that the need for new software and applications within the company is addressed. For that you have to educate yourself every day. For example, now, I want to follow an MBA (Master of Business Administration) at Vlerick to further develop myself.”
“I started as a Solution Architect consultant at Tobania, but grew to become an Enterprise Architect. Within a company that grows as fast as Tobania, you constantly have new opportunities. It is a matter of seizing those opportunities with both hands. "
“Of course, I read a lot about business and new technology, but I am someone who is very eager to learn about lots of areas. For example, I am a very dedicated sportsman and, from that point of view, I am also very interested in nutrition. That’s not only about healthy food, but also about enjoying slow cooking and BBQ. Work and life, health and enjoyment. Everything balanced out!”
Sander Lesage, Enterprise Architect at Tobania
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your application. We will contact you as soon as possible.