Thank you for your application, we will contact you as soon as possible.
The competence center consists of Tribes, Chapters and Squads (Spotify Model).
What does a Java Architect do at Tobania?
- You translate concepts and ideas into software solutions
- Keeping innovation and pro-active evolution of the software in mind
- Develop and present the technical requirements of an offer
- Point of contact for our Squad Teams in order to build these software applications
- You keep an eye on the architecture through all our projects
- You document software solutions
- Using the general known modelling frameworks (e.g. 4+1 model)
- You work with State-of-the-art frameworks, methodologies (TTD, BDD, continuous delivery, DevOps ...) and architectures (DDD, microservices…)
- You are the point of contact for our customers’ software applications
- You actively participate and contribute to the Java community
- Coaching developers
- Perform technical screenings
Besides your obvious drive and motivation, you will increase your chances by ticking as many of these boxes as possible
- Studies: You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience: You have experience as a Java Architect and an innovative mindset
- Languages: fluent in Dutch and/or French, and English
- Strengths: communicative, a team player, loyal, a problem solver, creative, proactive
- A good knowledge of Java, Java EE and Spring, front-end technologies, design patterns, architectural patterns...
- Familiar with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Familiar with PAAS Solutions such as Kubernetes or OpenShift
- A good understanding of most used tools and frameworks
- You have experience delivering enterprise quality code
- You can work using the agile principles
- You have a passion for coaching people and supervising a team
- You are mobile and flexible since you are the technical point of contact for our customers
- You can perform estimations (budget, lead time of development and testing)
Tobania offers you:
- An indefinite contract.
- A competitive salary with plenty of fringe benefits, such as a company car, smartphone, 12 additional days of holiday, meal vouchers, and group and hospitalisation insurance and so much more
- The possibility to work from home.
- Great colleagues that you’ll fit in with: open minded, enthusiastic, and fully up for working as a team
- The chance to further develop your talents through good coaching and training in our very own Tobania.Academy
- Fun events: after-work drinks, technical events, etc.
So … Tobania, who’s that again?
Tobania is a dynamic and fast-growing Belgian company. We present ourselves as a Business & Technology Consulting partner for private businesses and governments who want advice, expertise, services and solutions to successfully execute their digital transformation process.
In 2019, we had a turnover of 94 million euros and we employed 1000 Tobians. By 2022, we aim to reach the 110-million-euro target. Our strategy: keep on expanding and diversifying our services and solutions. But we need more Tobians to make that happen, so click on that apply button already.
Working at Tobania...
An all-inclusive experience!
Java Software Engineer
Your main character trait: a passion for Java development. Adrenaline rushes through your body by the thought of developing applications for leading B ...
Always hungry for knowledge.
“As a child I was surrounded by technology. With a father who designed modems, it was not surprising that I was always busy soldering, assembling robots and programming them. I started studying applied computer science and learned a lot, but it didn't stop there. As an Enterprise Architect you ensure that all software from the back office is well connected. And that the need for new software and applications within the company is addressed. For that you have to educate yourself every day. For example, now, I want to follow an MBA (Master of Business Administration) at Vlerick to further develop myself.”
“I started as a Solution Architect consultant at Tobania, but grew to become an Enterprise Architect. Within a company that grows as fast as Tobania, you constantly have new opportunities. It is a matter of seizing those opportunities with both hands. "
“Of course, I read a lot about business and new technology, but I am someone who is very eager to learn about lots of areas. For example, I am a very dedicated sportsman and, from that point of view, I am also very interested in nutrition. That’s not only about healthy food, but also about enjoying slow cooking and BBQ. Work and life, health and enjoyment. Everything balanced out!”
Sander Lesage, Enterprise Architect at Tobania
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your application. We will contact you as soon as possible.