Thank you for your application, we will contact you as soon as possible.
- Operate as a SPOC: You are the Single Point of Contact for our customers’ software applications and you translate concepts and ideas into software solutions. You will:
- develop and present the technical requirements of an offer;
- operate as a point of contact for our Squad Teams in order to build these software applications.
- Follow up processes: you keep an eye on the architecture of our projects, you document software solutions and you work with state-of-the-art frameworks, methodologies (TTD, BDD, continuous delivery, DevOps and so much more) and architectures (DDD, microservices).
- Contribute to the Java community: you actively participate in the Java community by giving presentations and support.
- Support your HR Business Partner. You can:
- perform technical screenings;
- coach developers.
Besides your obvious drive and motivation, you will increase your chances by ticking as many of these boxes as possible:
- Studies: you have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience: You are an experienced Java Architect. That’s why you know everything about the following concepts: Java, Java EE and Spring, front-end technologies, design patterns and architectural patterns.
- Expertise: you are familiar with agile principles and cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine/Azure and ideally Kubernetes or OpenShift. You have a good understanding of most used tools and frameworks and you have experience delivering enterprise quality code.
- Strengths: you are communicative, flexible, loyal, creative, proactive, a team player and problem solver. That’s why you love to coach people and to supervise a team.
- Languages: you are fluent in Dutch or French and you have a good knowledge of English.
- An indefinite contract.
- A competitive salary, with plenty of fringe benefits, such as a company car, an iPhone, 12 extra vacation days, meal cheques, a group and hospitalisation insurance.
- A team of supportive colleagues who will make you feel right at home.
- The opportunity to turn these new colleagues into friends during our legendary Friday drinks and other exciting events.
- A chance to exploit your talents in our Tobania.Academy and on-the-job coaching.
- A workstation at one of our customers’ offices in your neighbourhood / at our headquarters in Strombeek-Bever / at our office in Gent/Hasselt.
Tobania is a dynamic and fast-growing Belgian company. We present ourselves as a Business & Technology Consulting partner for private businesses and governments who want advice, expertise, services and solutions to successfully execute their digital transformation process.
In 2019, we had a turnover of 94 million euros and we employed 1000 Tobians. By 2020, we aim to reach the 110-million-euro target. Our strategy: keep on expanding and diversifying our services and solutions. But we need more Tobians to make that happen, so click on that apply button already.
Working at Tobania...
An all-inclusive experience!
Java Software Engineer
Your main character trait: a passion for Java development. Adrenaline rushes through your body by the thought of developing applications for leading B ...
Always hungry for knowledge.
“As a child I was surrounded by technology. With a father who designed modems, it was not surprising that I was always busy soldering, assembling robots and programming them. I started studying applied computer science and learned a lot, but it didn't stop there. As an Enterprise Architect you ensure that all software from the back office is well connected. And that the need for new software and applications within the company is addressed. For that you have to educate yourself every day. For example, now, I want to follow an MBA (Master of Business Administration) at Vlerick to further develop myself.”
“I started as a Solution Architect consultant at Tobania, but grew to become an Enterprise Architect. Within a company that grows as fast as Tobania, you constantly have new opportunities. It is a matter of seizing those opportunities with both hands. "
“Of course, I read a lot about business and new technology, but I am someone who is very eager to learn about lots of areas. For example, I am a very dedicated sportsman and, from that point of view, I am also very interested in nutrition. That’s not only about healthy food, but also about enjoying slow cooking and BBQ. Work and life, health and enjoyment. Everything balanced out!”
Sander Lesage, Enterprise Architect at Tobania
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your application. We will contact you as soon as possible.