Thank you for your application, we will contact you as soon as possible.
What does a Junior DevOps Engineer do at Tobania?
We believe in a culture of cooperation and personal development. Under the guidance of senior consultants, you will learn the tricks of the trade, but what exactly does that trade involve?
- You will, together with the rest of the DevSecOps team, be responsible for a correct analysis of the current Developer/Operations interaction. On the basis of these findings you will look for solutions to the specific problems.
- You will be responsible for the implementation of specific methodologies regarding source control and the set-up of development environments. You take care of the implementation of the tools that lead to an improvement of the source code.
- You are responsible for the elaboration of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines and the set-up of testing platforms and feedback loops. In addition, you are playing an important role in the transfer of knowledge between different teams.
Besides your obvious drive and motivation, you’ll increase your chances by ticking as many of these boxes as possible
- Studies: a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent through experience.
- Experience: a background in development (e.g. Java, PHP or .NET) with an interest in operations. Constant improvement and automation of applications fascinates you.
- Strengths: your energy and motivation. You are communicative, flexible and stress resistant. Above all, you are dedicated to finding solutions that the project management and your colleagues in the DevOps team can trust.
- Expertise: Service-Oriented applications, DevOps methodology, CI/CD tools like Jenkins, GitLabCI or related, Container solutions like Docker and Orchestration tools like Kubernetes or Openshift. Experience with Infrastructure as Code methodology and tools like Terraform or CloudFormation is a plus. Knowledge of the Configuration as Code concept and associated tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible is also a plus.
Tobania offers you:
- An indefinite contract.
- A competitive salary, with plenty of fringe benefits, such as a company car, smartphone, 12 extra vacation days, lunch cheques, a group and hospitalisation insurance.
- A team of supportive colleagues who’ll make you feel right at home.
- The opportunity to turn these new colleagues into friends during our legendary Friday drinks and other exciting events.
- A chance to exploit your talents in our Tobania.Academy and on-the-job coaching.
- A workstation at one of our customers’ offices in your neighbourhood.
So … Tobania, who’s that again?
Tobania is a dynamic and fast-growing Belgian company. We present ourselves as a Business & Technology Consulting partner for private businesses and governments who want advice, expertise, services and solutions to successfully execute their digital transformation process.
In 2019, we had a turnover of 97 million euros and we employed 1000 Tobians. By 2020, we aim to reach the 110-million-euro target. Our strategy: keep on expanding and diversifying our services and solutions. But we need more Tobians to make that happen, so click on that apply button already.
A passion for solutions
“Being solution-oriented is one of my core values. As a Business Support Consultant at ING, I propose effective solutions to the bank customers. They call or mail us with a large variation of help requests. I like to offer them answers in the long run: no temporary arrangements. It is like working on my car: temporarily solving coolant problems only makes the situation worse.”
“Being a Business Support Officer, I sometimes face challenges: I love it, though! I am always willing to help people: whether they are friends, colleagues or customers. Yet, the great thing about working at Tobania is that there is a balance between my work and private life. I always get the change to go for a walk with my two dogs after work: this is the best way to stand back and recharge. Because of balance, my enthusiasm often stands out at work. Every day again”
“I don't like being treated like a number: humanity is an important value in my life, and therefore also in my career. At Tobania, I will get the chance to work outside-of-the-box. All possibilities for the future are still open. Isn't it nice to be that flexible and dynamic? I got quite a passion for IT. In the nineties, we had an old Windows 95at home: I spent hours on it. Maybe, I will make the switch to Tobania.Testing in the future?”
Nicolas Van Anderlecht, Business Support Officer at Tobania
The best version of yourself.
“I heard about Tobania through the grapevine. At the time, I was looking for an open-minded company where I would feel at home. Even though I work as a testing consultant on location, I always get a warm welcome at the head office in Strombeek. We regularly meet up with the other consultants at the many events that are organised: an open bar with silent disco, team buildings,… It’s nice to exchange experiences with the other Tobians, although we work at compagnies all over Belgium.”
“Being a junior, you mainly want to gain experience and educate yourself further. I wanted to become a teacher for a long time so counselling is very important to me. As a junior at Tobania, we all have a coach who helps us to find our own way and who listens to how we feel. If you deviate a little bit too much from the right path, he will send you back in the right direction. I also appreciate the opportunity to follow training on a variety of interesting topics.”
“Your career path often makes detours. Maybe even a U-turn? The opportunity to develop yourself is something I wish everyone could get. For example, I studied business management & marketing, but during my first jobs I found out it was less interesting to me. Testing and analysis are really the fields where I excel. My current project at IMEC is the ideal combination of both."
Gaëlle Laurent, Test Specialist at Tobania
“What’s great about Tobania, is that they don’t require years of experience and an extensive CV to get your foot between the door. On the contrary, as a newly-graduated student in Applied Informatics they contacted me via LinkedIn to join their Ninja Software Testing Class. I accepted and learned tons of useful practice tips from seasoned testers. And the best of it all: after that training class, they look for a project that matches your personal interests … in your neighbourhood!”
Laurena Nijs, Test Specialist at Tobania
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your application. We will contact you as soon as possible.