Thank you for your application, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Python Predictions, a Tobania Company is currently looking for a lead data engineer. In this role, you will need to be able to adapt quickly to new technology, applications and environments. You will operate with our current clients on a medium to long-term basis. All candidates need working proficiency in English, knowledge of Dutch and French is a plus.
As a lead data engineer, you will help our clients with building a variety of (big) data applications in the cloud. This includes a broad range of competences, from understanding the requirements, setting up the proper cloud architecture all the way to developing and deploying the application. More specifically, the responsibilities include:
- Design complex analytics solutions with large data sets on distributed systems including the design of data lakes and (data) ingestion pipelines.
- Identify design and implement process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-design infrastructure for greater scalability etc
- Develop microservices to serve data from the data lake or to expose machine learning models’ predictions to customer-facing products
- Coach colleagues and clients in your area of expertise
- Master or Phd in computer science or related field
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in software engineering in a data context
- Programming experience with one or more languages: Python, Scala, Java, C/C++, …
- Deep knowledge of relational database technologies/concepts and SQL is required
- Solid understanding of Linux
- In depth knowledge of at least one cloud provider (GCP, AWS or Azure). Certifications from any of these is considered a plus.
- Strong familiarity with big data technologies such as Apache Spark, ElasticSearch, …
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, …)
- Able to coach others and give technical advice and direction
- Able to work independently, prioritize multiple stakeholders and tasks, and manage work time effectively.
- Proficient in English, knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a plus.
- Experience with streaming technologies like Apache Beam, Kafka, Spark streaming, …
- Knowledge of workflow management platforms such as Apache Airflow
- Understanding of load balancing, networking and security
- Familiarity with modern software engineering best practices like design patterns, unit testing, CI/CD (Git, Jenkins, Nexus, …), debugging and documentation
- Python Predictions is a Brussels-based service provider specialized in data science projects with business impact
- In January 2020, Python Predictions joined Tobania – a leading Belgian business & technology consulting firm that guides their clients through digital business transformation
- Great variation in job content due to missions in different industries, different domains and different environments
- In-company trainings adapted to your personal needs
- Continuous learning in monthly team meetings and development time
- A great team of colleagues with shared values
Working at Tobania... An all-inclusive experience!
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your application. We will contact you as soon as possible.