Thank you for your application, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Is IT security your 'thing' or do you have the ambition to become the specialist in this field? Do you follow your latest security developments closely? Are you known for your passion for your work and your customer focus? And do you like to use your creativity in complex and challenging projects? Respond immediately and become our new colleague!
What does a Security Engineer do at Tobania?
- Security technology and its integration in the infrastructure are projects in which you can put all your energy. You get a lot of space to independently pre-stage, implement and maintain complex security solutions.
- You advise prominent clients on security issues and you suggest technical solutions. You draw up technical designs and support clients in the maintenance of their network.
- You will be given plenty of development and training opportunities (both in a broad and deep sense), in which you will have a say, depending on your interests and growth areas. You will work from our Security Operations Centre (SOC) as well as at the customer's premises. This allows you to share knowledge with colleagues and work on innovation.
What profile are we looking for?
Besides your obvious drive and motivation, you’ll increase your chances by ticking as many of these boxes as possible
- Studies: a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent through experience.
- Experience: several years of experience in a similar role. Certificates are a plus.
- Strengths: your energy and motivation. You are communicative, flexible and stress-resistant.
- Languages: Dutch and English.
- Expertise: knowledge of security, networking and switching. Good knowledge of both Windows and Linux systems. Knowledge of one or more of these domains: Load balancing, Reverse proxies, Firewalls, SIEM, UEBA, VPN, IPS, SSLVPN, application security and optimisation, mobile device/application management, ...
What do you get in return?
Tobania offers you:
- An indefinite contract.
- A competitive salary, with plenty of fringe benefits, such as a company car, an iPhone, 12 extra vacation days, lunch cheques, a group and hospitalisation insurance.
- A team of supportive colleagues who’ll make you feel right at home.
- The opportunity to turn these new colleagues into friends during our legendary Friday drinks and other exciting events.
- A chance to exploit your talents in our Tobania.Academy and on-the-job coaching.
- A workstation at one of our customers’ offices in your neighbourhood and at our SOC.
So … Tobania, who’s that again?
Tobania is a dynamic and fast-growing Belgian company. We present ourselves as a Business & Technology Consulting partner for private businesses and governments who want advice, expertise, services and solutions to successfully execute their digital transformation process.
In 2019, we had a turnover of 97 million euros and we employed 1000 Tobians. By 2020, we aim to reach the 110 million euro target. Our strategy: keep on expanding and diversifying our services and solutions. But we need more Tobians to make that happen, so click on that apply button already.
Working at Tobania...
An all-inclusive experience!
Always hungry for knowledge.
“As a child I was surrounded by technology. With a father who designed modems, it was not surprising that I was always busy soldering, assembling robots and programming them. I started studying applied computer science and learned a lot, but it didn't stop there. As an Enterprise Architect you ensure that all software from the back office is well connected. And that the need for new software and applications within the company is addressed. For that you have to educate yourself every day. For example, now, I want to follow an MBA (Master of Business Administration) at Vlerick to further develop myself.”
“I started as a Solution Architect consultant at Tobania, but grew to become an Enterprise Architect. Within a company that grows as fast as Tobania, you constantly have new opportunities. It is a matter of seizing those opportunities with both hands. "
“Of course, I read a lot about business and new technology, but I am someone who is very eager to learn about lots of areas. For example, I am a very dedicated sportsman and, from that point of view, I am also very interested in nutrition. That’s not only about healthy food, but also about enjoying slow cooking and BBQ. Work and life, health and enjoyment. Everything balanced out!”
Sander Lesage, Enterprise Architect at Tobania
Live up to your ambitions
“I initially started as a consultant at Tobania, but always with an ambitious plan in mind. I wanted to play my part in the story of a company. That promise has been fulfilled after two years: I grew from a consultant Program Manager to Operations Manager. This way, I contribute to the company’s game plan.”
“Being Operations manager at Tobania.Business, I am responsible for the link between our customers and our business consultants, together with my team of Business Managers. That also includes a lot of operational follow-up: I keep a close eye on the effeciency and budget of our unit.”
“We write the story of Tobania together: for me that’s only possible with motivated colleagues, who want to work together on the bigger picture. It's just like cooking: all ingredients together determine the success of your dish. Only with the right combination, you can achieve the best results: in the workplace and in the kitchen! Suprised that I’ll soon be the proud owner of a chef’s degree?”
David Decreemer, Operations Manager at Tobania
It's like music to your ears
“I am a passionate musician and I have played together with lots of metal bands in Belgium, but also abroad. Not until being a teenager, I learned to play the guitar, but I soon went full on. Wasted Years by Iron Maiden would be the perfect soundtrack for my journey. The title is misleading: it's about looking at the future and persevere in life. That is also very important in my job as a project manager. I enjoy making progress at a project and working together with a variation of teams to achieve it.”
“I actually studied Applied Linguistics, but teaching or translating was not something that appealed to me. Fortunately, good communication is necessary in every company. During my first job, I ended up playing a team leader role and it suited me to manage different teams. I am taking part in meetings most of the day. We work on solutions, both in the technical and business department.”
“Tobania is young at heart and that appeals to me. At the same time, Tobania has a critical attitude, also towards its own operation methods. Moreover, the opinion of the consultants is listened to: they keep your place of residence in mind and take your other preferences into account. HR chooses to conduct a practical and concrete policy, which I really like."
Jef Van De Weghe, Project Manager at Tobania
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your application. We will contact you as soon as possible.