What can you expect?
Based on the high-level business needs and his technical understanding, the Solution Architect will compare multiple potential solutions that fulfill both the functional & non-functional needs an propose one of them. Although solution architects often work on IT solutions, such as buying a software package, building own applications or reusing existing applications, it’s more important to also take the impact on the organization and business processes into account. The best solution might even not include any IT change whatsoever.
During this process, (s)he will work together with the enterprise architects, other solution architects, development teams, etc. once a solution is agreed upon, the solution architect will need to sell it to a variety of stakeholders, ranging from high management till developers.
During implementation, the solution architect supports the different business& IT teams working on it. (S)he also ensures that the solution is implemented in a coherent way across these teams.
What do Solution Architects do at Tobania?
- You have a high level overview of the most important systems and technologies of the organization;
- You keep updated on the market trends and innovation;
- You are capable of translating high-level business needs into working solutions (potentially impacting business processes, the organization and/or any number of new or existing IT systems scattered over multiple teams);
- You lead discussions about the architecture of new systems (considering the organization’s strategy, non-functional requirements, technology, type of architecture and required skills);
- You guide multiple development teams to deliver a consistent end result;
- You communicate the proposed solution to different stakeholders (IT management, business stakeholders and developers).
Who are we looking for?
What profile are we looking for?
- Technical Literacy – Solution architecs possess a high level of technical literacy, which helps them determine how a software solution fits into an organization’s current structure and assists in the development of specifications and requirement;
- Analytical Assessment – This role requires a high level of analysis since solution architects need to examine a client’s current systems and determine overall project needs and scope;
- Time Management – Solution architects need extensive time management skills to determine development schedules and milestones and ensure that deliverables are completed on time;
- Team Leadership – Because solution architects oversee and direct development teams throughout the project development lifecycle, experience with team leadership and motivation is essential;
- Communication – In this role, solution architects are responsible for communicating with team members, clients and external vendors, so they exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Problem-Solving – Solution architects need to be excellent problem-solvers, able to quickly change direction based on update client specifications or system limitations.
What do we have to offer?
- An indefinite contract
- A competitive salary with plenty of fringe benefits such as a company car, 12 extra vacation days, lunch cheques and group and hospitalization insurance.
- A team of supportive colleagues who will make you feel right at home.
- The opportunity to turn these colleagues into friends at one - or more - of our awesome events.
- A chance to develop your talents in our Tobania.Academy and on-the-job coaching.
- A clean desk at one of our clients or one of the work islands in Strombeek-Bever (which you can occasionally swap for your home office).
SO... Tobania, who's that again?
Tobania is a dynamic and fast-growing Belgian company. We present ourselves as a Business & Technology Consulting partner for private businesses and governments who want advice, expertise, services and solutions to successfully execute their digital transformation process.
Apply for this job
"*" indicates required fields