Technical Support Engineer(s), 2nd line level, for a Tobania Project in Brussels.
Tobania is looking for several Technical Support Engineers (2nd line experience level). The technical engineer will join a medium sized IT team of Tobania and will work in the main building(s) of the customer or will support branch offices of the customer in the whole of Belgium. You will work within a dynamic and agile environment where customer satisfaction is key.
Are you a young high potential with at least 3 years of job experience, ambitious and looking for a new challenge? Do you have a strong interest in providing support and have a natural problem-solving attitude? Please come and talk with us, Tobania has the perfect challenge for you!
Our customer is a large insurance and banking company and we are looking for several second line engineers, field engineers and stock management engineers. You will report directly to the Delivery Manager, an on-site Tobania employee as well.
Task and responsibilities
- You are the second line contact for end-users; you support them on a daily base.
- You support and guide these users efficiently and independent.
- You assist remote users over the telephone and through use of remote tools.
- You monitor and resolve hardware and software break/fix and IMAC.
- You create and maintain documentation when required.
- You take ownership of tickets to resolution
- You manage the life cycle of hardware for desktops and laptops, i.e. builds, refreshes and securely wipe at the end of lifecycle.
- You help end-user at our local service points.
- You can work with established procedures.
- You make reports and make sure you register incidents and their solutions.
- You are capable of escalating problems to colleagues or your manager in time.
- You are responsible for keeping documents up-to-date.
- You participate actively on improving customer service and –satisfaction.
- You are flexible and do not have a 9-to-5 mentality.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a high potential, an IT generalist and you are looking for a new challenge.
- You have a strong interest in supporting end-users.
- You have a genuine interest in technology
- You have strong analytical skills and a proactive, flexible approach
- Your attitude, experience and willingness to learn is more important than your degree.
- You master at least Dutch/English or French/English (read, write and speak)
- You have the ability to work under pressure and to strict time scales and service level targets.
- You are a team player that can work independent and you have the willingness to learn and adapt to changing work practices.
- You are stress resistant, communicative and find customer satisfaction extremely important.
Besides the (soft) skills above, you have extensive knowledge in one or more of the following domains:
- Microsoft Desktop Operating systems on a senior level
(at least MS Windows 7 / 10 and MS Office 2013 / 2016 knowledge)
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems (junior knowledge or above)
- Life cycle management of hardware (mostly laptops), i.e. staging and builds, refreshes and secure wipe (imac)
- Asset- and Stock Management
- ITIL certification is a plus
What can you expect?
- A very challenging and interesting long-term project.
- A young and dynamic team, a flat management structure.
- A Competence Center, where it is important to build up and share knowledge.
- Career opportunities and a great Work-Fun balance
- Open communication and room for initiative.
- An attractive salary and fringe benefits corresponding your experience:
- Competitive salary
- Neutral company car and/or a season ticket for public transportation
- Group - and hospitalization insurance
- A net fee
- Extensive training package
- Personal Development Plan (POP)
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Location: In the heart of Brussels, 10 minutes from the main railway stations