Thank you for your application, we will contact you as soon as possible.
What does a DevOps Engineer do at Tobania?
- You will, together with the rest of the DevSecOps team, be responsible for a correct analysis of the current Developer/Operations interaction. On the basis of these findings you will look for solutions to the specific problems.
- You will take the lead in the implementation of specific methodologies regarding source control and the set-up of development environments. To achieve improvements of the source code, you present tools and take care of the implementation of those. You are responsible for the plotting and planning of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines and the set-up of testing platforms and feedback loops.
- In addition, you are playing an important role in the transfer of knowledge between different teams and in the guidance of our Junior DevOps Engineers. You are also responsible for guiding the System Engineers towards an Infrastructure as Code approach and scalable solutions.
Besides your obvious drive and motivation, you’ll increase your chances by ticking as many of these boxes as possible
- Studies: a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology and at least 4 years of experience in these domains.
- Experience: a background in development (e.g. Java, PHP or .NET) with an interest in operations. Constant improvement and automation of applications fascinates you.
- Strengths: your energy and motivation. You are communicative, flexible and stress resistant. Above all, you are dedicated to finding solutions that the project management and your colleagues in the DevOps team can trust.
- Expertise: Service-Oriented applications, DevOps methodology, CI/CD tools like Jenkins, GitLabCI or related, Container solutions like Docker and Orchestration tools like Kubernetes or Openshift. Experience with Infrastructure as Code methodology and tools like Terraform and knowledge of the Configuration as Code concept and associated tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible. Experience with Cloud hosting providers such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
Tobania offers you:
- An indefinite contract.
- A competitive salary, with plenty of fringe benefits, such as a company car, smartphone, 12 extra vacation days, lunch cheques, a group and hospitalisation insurance.
- A team of supportive colleagues who’ll make you feel right at home.
- The opportunity to turn these new colleagues into friends during our legendary Friday drinks and other exciting events.
- A chance to exploit your talents in our Tobania.Academy and on-the-job coaching.
- A workstation at one of our customers’ offices in your neighbourhood.
So … Tobania, who’s that again?
Tobania is a dynamic and fast-growing Belgian company. We present ourselves as a Business & Technology Consulting partner for private businesses and governments who want advice, expertise, services and solutions to successfully execute their digital transformation process.
In 2019, we had a turnover of 97 million euros and we employed 1000 Tobians. By 2020, we aim to reach the 110-million-euro target. Our strategy: keep on expanding and diversifying our services and solutions. But we need more Tobians to make that happen, so click on that apply button already.
Working at Tobania...
An all-inclusive experience!
Always hungry for knowledge.
“As a child I was surrounded by technology. With a father who designed modems, it was not surprising that I was always busy soldering, assembling robots and programming them. I started studying applied computer science and learned a lot, but it didn't stop there. As an Enterprise Architect you ensure that all software from the back office is well connected. And that the need for new software and applications within the company is addressed. For that you have to educate yourself every day. For example, now, I want to follow an MBA (Master of Business Administration) at Vlerick to further develop myself.”
“I started as a Solution Architect consultant at Tobania, but grew to become an Enterprise Architect. Within a company that grows as fast as Tobania, you constantly have new opportunities. It is a matter of seizing those opportunities with both hands. "
“Of course, I read a lot about business and new technology, but I am someone who is very eager to learn about lots of areas. For example, I am a very dedicated sportsman and, from that point of view, I am also very interested in nutrition. That’s not only about healthy food, but also about enjoying slow cooking and BBQ. Work and life, health and enjoyment. Everything balanced out!”
Sander Lesage, Enterprise Architect at Tobania
Live up to your ambitions
“I initially started as a consultant at Tobania, but always with an ambitious plan in mind. I wanted to play my part in the story of a company. That promise has been fulfilled after two years: I grew from a consultant Program Manager to Operations Manager. This way, I contribute to the company’s game plan.”
“Being Operations manager at Tobania.Business, I am responsible for the link between our customers and our business consultants, together with my team of Business Managers. That also includes a lot of operational follow-up: I keep a close eye on the effeciency and budget of our unit.”
“We write the story of Tobania together: for me that’s only possible with motivated colleagues, who want to work together on the bigger picture. It's just like cooking: all ingredients together determine the success of your dish. Only with the right combination, you can achieve the best results: in the workplace and in the kitchen! Suprised that I’ll soon be the proud owner of a chef’s degree?”
David Decreemer, Operations Manager at Tobania
It's like music to your ears
“I am a passionate musician and I have played together with lots of metal bands in Belgium, but also abroad. Not until being a teenager, I learned to play the guitar, but I soon went full on. Wasted Years by Iron Maiden would be the perfect soundtrack for my journey. The title is misleading: it's about looking at the future and persevere in life. That is also very important in my job as a project manager. I enjoy making progress at a project and working together with a variation of teams to achieve it.”
“I actually studied Applied Linguistics, but teaching or translating was not something that appealed to me. Fortunately, good communication is necessary in every company. During my first job, I ended up playing a team leader role and it suited me to manage different teams. I am taking part in meetings most of the day. We work on solutions, both in the technical and business department.”
“Tobania is young at heart and that appeals to me. At the same time, Tobania has a critical attitude, also towards its own operation methods. Moreover, the opinion of the consultants is listened to: they keep your place of residence in mind and take your other preferences into account. HR chooses to conduct a practical and concrete policy, which I really like."
Jef Van De Weghe, Project Manager at Tobania
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your application. We will contact you as soon as possible.